Friday, December 17, 2010

Sunsets, some of my favorites.

Back in 2007 we had a holiday break from school that was exactly 12 days long.  So, I blogged every day of the break with a theme that started the first day with “On the 1st day of Christmas my district gave to me…” and pretty much bored everyone to death with the mundane things I did every day.

So, thanks to Carmi’s Thematic Photographic, I think I’m going to do the same thing over the next 3 weeks, except instead of boring you with mundane doings, I’m going to bore you with my favorite pictures.  Because of the number of pictures I take thanks to digital photography, there is no way to pick a single favorite of mine.  So sit back and enjoy the ride, and please, if anyone out there likes to show off their own pictures, click on the link at the bottom and join in.

So here’s the second favorite picture.  You’ll probably see a few more sunset pictures over the next 3 weeks, because I just love taking them.  For this one I sat out on the shore of The Great Salt Lake, overlooking Stansbury Island,  for several hours with my 500mm telephoto lens, a six pack of Diet Coke with Lime (that’s racy for Utah) and took somewhere around 480 pictures.   It was just me, the brine flies and the sunset.  As always, you can click on the picture to get a bigger view of it.  (Addendum: Oops.  As I was looking through my pictures for more favorites, I found the set that was taken on the shore of the Great Salt Lake, and this wasn’t it.  I think this was taken from up in Olympus Cove, on the east bench of the Salt Lake valley, looking over the city.  I have a few from the lake shore that you’ll get to see later.) 

 

 

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Very, very nice. As the owner of a point-and-shoot, I've never been able to capture sunsets, so I always stand in awe of your pics of them.

Oh, and speaking of the 12 days of Christmas, I have that DVD from the party for you.

21 Wits said...

Magnificent! I haven't seen a sunset or sunrise photo I didn't like...even my blurry ones!...as for your boring us with pictures, NEVER! I love seeing all your photos and truly the spirit that goes with everyone you post! Keep'em coming!

Max Sartin said...

Karen - Thanks (*Blush*) . Hopefully I have enough to keep up for the whole 3 weeks.
Writer - Awesome, that was one funny video! We'll have to figure out sometime for me to come get it.