Monday, March 31, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
It is a matter of history that when Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower, found the victims of the death camps, he ordered all possible photographs to be taken, and for the German people from surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead.. He did this because he said in words to this effect: 'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the track of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing'. This week, the University of Kentucky removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offended' the Muslim population which claims it never occurred. This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it. It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the 6 million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated with the German and Russian peoples looking the other way! Now, more than ever, with Iran, among others, claiming the Holocaust to be 'myth,' it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets. This e-mail is intended to reach 40 million people worldwide! Be a link in the memorial chain and help distribute this around the world. Don't just delete this. It will only take a minute to pass this along.
- Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.
- When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you!
Friday, March 28, 2008
As you may have heard, the Bush Administration has said that each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate.
- If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
- If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs.
- If we purchase a computer it will all go to India.
- If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.
- If we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan.
- If we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.
We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy beer, guns, prostitutes, and cigarettes, since those are the only businesses still in the US.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside.
People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes.
And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary.
You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything!
You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around.
You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
"No question that the enemy has tried to spread sectarian violence. They use violence as a tool to do that." - Washington, D.C., March 2006.
"If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon they could proliferate" - Washington, D.C., March 21, 2006.
"We've tripled the amount of money - I believe it's from $50 million up to $195 million available." - Lima, Peru, March 23, 2002.
Congratulations, your snowmobile story has made you featured Blog of the week on http://www.zenwaiter.com/ Thanks for the great pics and your funny text! Jerry aka Zenwaiter
Saturday, March 22, 2008
It's dirt biking, except it's cold, wet and every time you turf it you have to dig in the cold and the wet.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
- Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire. [for me it was a blown water pump, 7am in Spanish Fork, Utah]
- Its always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
- Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
- Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.
- If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
- Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.
- Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
- Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
- Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Monday, March 17, 2008
- YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Tancy Ford
- YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Blueberry Shortbread
- YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Leopard
- YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Michael Princeton
- SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Red Jagermeister
- NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Norman Rafaele
- STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Fresh Air Mounds
- WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Slater Bevan (my father has no middle name, so I used both of my mothers)
- TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Richards Riverton
- SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Spring Cactus
- CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Orange Tightie
- HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Coffee Pine
- YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”) The Photography Sunshine Tour
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
More from my Foreign Corrospondant :
Remember when a traffic stop was an opportunity to show how civic minded you were and all you wanted to do was get it over quickly and be on your way.
Well it seems to some it is an opportunity to vent your frustrations at the officer who pulled you over and then walk away belligerently when you don’t get your way. The prize is you get $40,000 of taxpayer money if you get tazed in the process.
I’m sure you have seen the video of the officer, tazer gun drawn, yelling commands at a young kid as the kid walks back to his car. After repeated commands the officer fires and the kid drops to the ground.
If you look at the video closely you will see what the officer is so afraid of. As the kid walks toward his car, he turns his back to the officer and puts his right hand in his pocket. If you watch any of the “cops” shows on TV you will know that often this leads to the officer being shot.
The officer may have been a little over zealous, but he was following department policy in a very difficult situation. A department policy designed after many cops have been killed thinking “this is only a kid giving me a bad time – he’ll just go away”.
Police work is dangerous and unpredictable. When an officer orders you to put your hands on your head and stop what you are doing, you should do what he says.
The District Attorney’s office made the right move in saving taxpayer money by avoiding a lengthy trial, but if it were my vote I would have paid a little more just to see the officer vindicated in the civil proceedings as he was in the criminal investigation.
OK so you are feeling morally outraged at the audacity of this kid’s lack of personal responsibility in this matter. Why didn’t he just take his ticket and say “lesson learned”?
Here is another example of someone who doesn’t know when to let things go.
About 10 years ago 4 guys stole a truck, robbed a convenience store in Colorado and headed into the desert southwest, the 4 corners area, to hide out. A massive man hunt ensued. The FBI offered a $150,000 reward for the capture, arrest and/or information leading to a conviction of these heinous criminals. Three of the fugitives are captured, the fourth is never found.
Fast forward to today, Dickie Hicks (not his real name) is walking along a sandy river bottom in a desolate canyon in extreme southeast Utah and he comes upon the decaying remains of criminal number four.
Dickie immediately notifies the FBI and they give him $75,000 as a token of their appreciation. No criminal to convict, no bad guy to bring to justice, just an end to a frustrating case.
Dickie Hicks could have just walked away and said thanks, not a bad days work. But no, “the FBI said the reeeward was $150,000 (one hunred and fity tousand dollars)” and he deserved it all. He is suing the FBI for the remainder of the reward money.
Aside from the fact that $75K is probably more than Dickie Hicks has earned in his life, does he really want to make the feds mad? Does he really want them crawling around in his tax returns (assuming he filed them)?
I’m sure both of these men deep down at some point said about their adventure “boy that was lucky”. But someone or something told them they deserved more, this was their opportunity to get something out of this situation and they should take it. The unfortunate thing is that we as taxpayers are paying for these individual’s greed.
I can’t wait until my turn comes up, until I am in a situation where the government will pay me for doing something stupid or just ambling along a dry creek bed. I think I’ll speed down to the 4 corners area for a hike.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
- "In this job you've got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don't have much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office, kind of asking different portraits, 'How do you think my standing will be?'"
Monday, March 03, 2008
Sunday, March 02, 2008
- http://www.tripadviosor.com/ - this gives you hotel ratings from people who stayed there - sometimes as specific as "room 213..." or "you don't want to be on the east side of the building because..."
- http://www.prosper.com/ - peer-to-peer loans