Sunday, August 31, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Click here if you want to see my entire Flood of '83 series....
- [T]hats just the nature of democarcy. Sometimes pure politics enters into the rhetoric. Crawford, Texas, August 8, 2003
- Let me put it bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to have control over your own life. Annadale, Virginia, August 2004
- The trial lawyers are very politically powerful...but here in Texas, we took them on and got some good medical-medical malpractice. Waco, Texas, August 13, 2002
- People don't need to worry about security. This deal wouldn't go forward if we were concerned about the security for the United States. Defending his decision to hire a company from the United Arab Emirates to oversee American airport security, Washington, D.C., 2006
- My administraton has been calling upon all the leaders in the-in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen. Crawford Texas, August 2001
- I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together. Barlett, Tennessee, August 18, 2000
- We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile. Des Moines, Iowa, August 21, 2000
- Arbolist...Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees. Quoted in USA Today, August 2001
- Brie and Cheese. Speculating about journalists' favorite foods, August 23, 2001
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Click here for video.
I tried to put the actual video on here, but for some reason I kept getting an error, so you'll just have to go to it.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
DEPARTMENT OF MINERALS & ENERGY RESOURCES
PRETORIA 0001, SOUTH AFRICA.
FROM THE DESK OF: Mr. Daniel Matumbe (Manager Project 14 Allocation)
I am a member of the contract award committee and 14-project allocation manager, of the Department of Minerals and Natural Resources in South Africa; I am in search of an agent to assist us in the transfer of Twenty Million Five Hundred Dollars(USD) and subsequent investment in properties in your country.
You will be required to
(1) Assist in the transfer of the said funds
(2) Advise on lucrative areas for investment
(3) Assist us in purchase of properties.
If you decide to render your service to us in this regard, 25% of the total sum of Twenty Million Five Hundred Dollars(USD) will be for you. Thank you and God bless, as I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation. Email:
Mr. Daniel Matumbe
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Anyway, on my way to my brother's house to ride up to the camp with a group from church, this curly-haired witch in a white 4-door Nissan zips a right turn through a red light directly in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes and come within inches of her bumper. Now, normally this wouldn't warrant even mentioning on here, even though there was absolutly nobody behind me, meaning this was to get one car ahead. No, this warrants mentioning because even though I did not blare my horn at her, even though I did not flash my lights or shake my fist or curse, swear or flip her the bird, she flipped me off when she turned right a block later and I passed her. Yeah, she flipped me off, like instead of coming close to her back bumper I should have slammed into a parked car rather than startle her. I don't know what her motivation was, but I swear I didn't honk, wave my hand at her or curse (other than under my breath - the window was up, she wouldn't have heard if I did). Again, it seems I have no right to drive on the roads getting in the way of these other, more important, people.
And finally, on the ride up to the camp we start talking about Opie, Obama and Oprah, and my older brother decides that to bercome a mover and a shaker, he's going to change his name to start with an "O" like the rest of these people. Olex. Well, as we're driving around the reservior we notice that someone is having a HUGE barbeque, it happens to be the Outdoor Retailers Convention. This is where the logo comes in, because bro wants to crash the barbeque, telling them that we're from Olex Manufacturing. Well, it was funny at the time, and I had fun making up the logo, so I just had to put it on here. And that's it for today, except REUNION TOMORROW!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Monday, August 04, 2008
- "I don't know all the facts, I want to know all the facts. The best place for the facts is to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it" - Washington, D.C., July 2005
- "Give me a chance to be your president and America will be safer and stronger and better" - Marquette, Michigan, July 13, 2004 (campaigning for reelection)
- "Justice ought to be fair" - Washington, D.C., 2004
- "No more public scatology." - In a personal note to future Supreme Court nominee, Harriet Miers, July 18, 1997.
- "I wish I wasn't the war president. Who in the heck wants to be a war president? I don't." - Washington, D.C., 2004
- "These people don't have tanks. They don't have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out." - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 2002
- "I think war is a dangerous place." - Washington D.C., 2003