Saturday, December 22, 2007

On the 2nd day of Christmas

that my district gave to me:
  1. I had my blog rated. Seems that I write on a Junior High level. Guess 13 years of doing my best to communicate with Junior High students has taken it's toll....The good news, on the other hand, is that the blog I do for grad school rated as "College - Post Graduate".
  2. Some of you may recognize this neighborhood. Some of you may not.
  3. I ordered a couple new storm doors for the front doors. Top of the line as far as weather resistance - double insulation, nice thick, sturdy frame. My front doors, although really nice, unique and authentic, are not the best at keeping out the cold. I thought about getting new front doors, but decided that it would detract from the look of the house. So, I decided to go for the next best thing. Of course they didn't have what I wanted in stock so I had to order them. And surprise, surprise, they won't be here until after the new year. I, of course, will put a picture on here when I get them installed.
  4. I watched half of the first season of Murphy Brown.
  5. I went (shiver down the spine) Christmas shopping. There's a reason I have a psychological block when it comes to this pastime. I was at K-Mart, and two people in front of me was a lady that argued about the price of EVERYTHING she was buying. According to her, nothing was marked correctly. And I sat in line watching the lines with twice as many people in them cruise past me. And that was after I spent 15 minutes in line at the Wal-Mart. That was just because of long lines, nobody was especially slow. The good thing about Wal-Mart is that I got a good amount of exercise. That place is HUGE, and you have to wander around aimlessly for a while to find anything. But that's part of the beauty. If you want to grab a couple of things quick and get out, go to the local 7-11 or Chevron. If you want to wander around finding things that you didn't even know you needed while picking up the things you knew you needed, then Wal-Mart is the place to go.



5 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

When I checked my blog at that website, I thought I'd get junior high, too, but I got college undergrad. Maybe that's what I get for teaching all those GT classes.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I'm not too embarassed by the Junior High rating, considering the time I spent in a Jr. High. Now, if I'd been a college professor and got a Jr. High rating, or if it had been an Elementary school rating, I may have been worried....

Jannx said...

Hello. I was just passing through. I enjoyed reading a couple of your winter recess blog entries. I was interested in taking the reading level blog test, but each time I clicked on the photo link, it would just show the link as a photo. Although, I shouldn't be too eager, I'm sure I know the level I would receive. Anyway, thanks for the blog, I enjoyed my visit, and will visit again. Take care.

Max Sartin said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. It's always nice to see other teachers on the web. Especially ones from areas I have connections with. My mom was raised in the Bronx, my dad in Brooklyn. I spent a lot of time in the city, we lived outside Boston and visited the grandparents in NYC often. Hope to keep chatting with you - comparing teaching in Utrah with NYC. Here is the link you were looking for, the one to rate your blog: http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

Jannx said...

Hello Max. Thanks for the URL. I wasn't surprised by the results (elementary). Besides, I am long overdue for my Masters. Hopefully with a Masters, my writing will improve.

Yes, I think it would be interesting to read your stories about teaching in Utah.