Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We broke the 300 barrier!

300 days of GW to go, 300 days of GW,
live through one to see the setting sun,
299 days of GW to go.

Let's see.  5 years in Iraq.  5000 Americans died.  That's an average of 1000 a year.  That means "only" 819 more Americans will die while he's in office.

We talked about Personality Tests in Psychology today, so I went to www.gotoquiz.com to check out some stuff for class.  One of the tests I took was the Obama or Clinton test.  It seems that my expectations for the next president better fit Obama than Clinton.  To take the test, just click HERE.  I also discovered that if I were a character in a horror movie, I'd avoid getting killed for 65% of the movie. (Test #29 of the top 40).

Anyway, here's to 299 days until we get a president.  God, please don't let it be McCain.

6 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Hunh! I ended up liking Obama's policies better than Clinton's, too! Weird. I'd better re-read websites on both of them because I expected just the opposite. Maybe they'll end up runningmates and then it'll work out fine anyway.
I agree: please, God, not McCain.
I also found out that I deserved 100% of my high school diploma (because I can take a percentage of something, find the area of a triangle, and know which Shakespeare plays were tragedies) and also that I qualify mostly as a drama nerd, with equal portions of artistic nerd and science/math nerd thrown in. I'm not sure how accurate that assessment is....

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I'd even rather have Ralph Wiggum than McCain. The LAST thing we need is to insist on total victory in Iraq. Kind of like NCLB expecting 100% of students to graduate at grade level by 2013. Not Gonna Happen.

A Paperback Writer said...

Total victory for whom? Certainly not the Iraqis. and if we nuke them into parking lot status, it'd only start WWIII, so would we really have a victory?

A Paperback Writer said...

Uh, that last bit was ambiguous.
I MEANT that the Iraqis are really in a no win situation right now. They've lost too much already.

Max Sartin said...

I agree with you totally, they are in a no win situation, but short of starting WWIII, so are we. We cannot win this by conventional means, and the alternative is even worse. It's time to cut our losses and start bringing our men home.

Max Sartin said...

Uh, I should say,bring our men and women home.