“If you don’t repost this, your worst week starts now.”
That’s what I read in a Facebook post 7 days ago.
Despite not reposting any part of it other than the threat of a terrible week, since then:
- A major grinding sound in the rear end of Old Blue turned out to be just loose lug nuts.
- The charging problem on Big Green was the 5 minute job of replacing the $20 regulator (I did it in the parts store parking lot), not the hour it would take to put in a new $50 alternator.
- I picked up some extra work on an online concurrent-enrollment math class, at $50 an hour.
- While at the meeting at the University of Utah for the math class work, my parking meter ran out of time 2 hours before I got out there. I said something about having to run out there about 15 minutes after my hour was up and we all joked “Ah, the ticket’s already there.” But when I got out there, my windshield was ticket free. Anyone who has dealt with the U of U parking knows that’s not luck, that’s a miracle.
- A good friend from my last school just dropped by out of the blue and we had a great afternoon catching up.
- No major injuries were incurred when I fixed my broken clothes washer, at no cost.
- The house didn’t burn down, the car didn’t leave me stranded out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, I didn’t get robbed or in a car crash or have to visit the emergency room for any reason.
As my grandma Ida would have said; “I should have more worst weeks like this.”