You’d think that a teacher who has spent the majority of his career changing schools more often that a teenage boy changes his socks wouldn’t have developed many traditions.
But I, inadvertently, have developed at least one.
Right now my keyboarding classes are in room 208 and my math classes in 203, even though the rest of the math teachers are on the 3rd floor. The principal did this to keep my classes close, since I go back and forth between the two at least 6 times a day.
Well, now we’ve thrown in room 314, which is where the announcements studio I’ve been talking about is. I found out that the teacher in room 316, right next to the studio, is pregnant and not coming back next year. I figured it would be a lot easier to run the announcements and my classroom if they were right next door to each other, so I asked the principal if I could move up there.
It became official today, my math classes will be in room 316 next year.
Now I can honestly say that I never stay in my first room at any school for more than one year. Tradition.
- First school – room 328 first year, 306 the next 7.
- Second school – room 32 for a year, 33 for the remaining 3 years.
- Third school – room 121, I was only there for one year.
- Room 225 for a year, 110 the next 3.
- Started out in B7, moved to A3 for the second (and last) year.
- Right now I’m in 203, next year I’ll be in 316.