Friday, October 14, 2011

Triangular

You’d think a math teacher would have a million ideas when it comes to triangles.  Not so much.  I’ve been drawing a blank all week.

Then I started looking at everyone else’s pictures, saw all the rooflines (thanks everyone, check them out by clicking on the banner above) and went looking for this picture:

Park City, Utah.

While I was looking for it, I stumbled upon these other ones that I thought would work.

From the “Tackalicious Christmas” collection of 2007, when my friend Adele and I went out looking for the most overdone homes in the Salt Lake Valley.

And a night picture of the Cathedral of the Madeleine in downtown Salt Lake City.

Getting away from the roofline theme, the triangular webbed feet of a seagull walking on ice.

And finally, the one picture I actually took for this theme, triangles at the construction site.

Triangles.  Harder than you think.

13 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh I like the view of Park City, Utah...looks very lovely...and the winter photo, well the lights and darkness make it lovely, the open mouth birdy...oh so sweetly trianguuuular! I hope you have an exciting weekend planned!

Lisa Shafer said...

Nice seagull.

Limarea said...

Rooftops often offer some great triangles, and you captured really nice ones! And the seagull is lovely :)

Bob Scotney said...

Tackalicious that's a word I'll pinch. Glad to see you found one to take at the end. I also wondered whether the gull's tongue is a thin triangular shape as well.

Alexia said...

lovely roofline pics - and i saw a triangle in the gull's mouth too, as Bob did. The Madeleine Cathedral looks beautiful.

Aeria said...

Great photos of rooflines! I just love the one of the seagull!!

Max Sartin said...

I'm impressed how many people like the seagull picture. My first thought on seeing that picture was "I didn't know seagulls yawned."

Gilly said...

Are you sure that gull wasn't shouting rude words at you!!

Those are great photos - the roofs are good, especially that little group of houses sort of in the middle!

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, probably yelling something like;
"Hey you, quit taking %#*@ pictures and get me something &$%$ warm for my feet! This ice is *%@#$ COLD."

Barbara said...

All are wonderful photos! Roof lines and shots of villages fascinate me. I always wonder about the lives sheltered there and the views from their little worlds -- especially those in coastal areas. Then there are the seagulls that always have a story to tell, sometimes soaring and beautiful and other times, like you so eloquently expressed, yelling their heads off! Very fun post!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Love the roof tops, Max! as well as the seagull- you have a great eye for triangles!. :-)

carmilevy said...

I can always count on you to find a way to see things uniquely. For some reason, the overhead house shot caught my eye...I kept thinking of that old poem, Ticky Tacky Boxes. Such reverence in those words, and in this shot.

You've also inspired me to go Christmas light walking when the decorations go up in just a few weeks. I'm almost afraid to think of what I'll find!

Max Sartin said...

You should have the theme "Tacky Christmas" and we can compare decorations across the world. Eh?