Thursday, November 18, 2010

Swiftly flow the days.

I got to work this morning and was in awe at the sunrise.  The building I work in is a disaster, but looking over the field I get an awesome view of the Wasatch Mountains, and in the morning it can be spectacular.  Here are some of the pictures from this morning:  And then the song from Fiddler on the Roof, “Sunrise, Sunset”, came to mind and I figured I might as well get set to take sunset pictures and see what comes up.  I tried really hard to pare the pictures down to something reasonable, and I made it to a whopping 39.  So here are a few from the sunset, the rest are in the gallery that’s linked at the bottom. This picture is a series of the same shot taken at different shutter speeds. The sunrise pictures were taken with the camera set on auto, whereas the sunset pictures I had it set to manual.  I think the sunrise pictures would have come out a lot better if I had taken the time to pick the shutter speed myself. But anyway, here is my Sunrise, Sunset photo album:

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Yeah, last night's sunset was AWESOME -- and so is that one pic you got there. Nice work.

carmilevy said...

Seriously stunning work.

You're so right: Sunrise/sunset pics seem to pop that much more when we throw the camera into manual and play with exposure.

I love control :)

Max Sartin said...

:) squared. I love control too. But sometimes the quickness of the subject, or when using the flash, makes auto mode so much easier. But for the sunrise/sunset stuff, definitely manual from now on.
Thanks for the compliment!