Tuesday, July 07, 2009

One condom.

Average day at Chevron today. Couple of amusing things did happen, though. One lady (late 30's, early 40's) told me that I had the greatest smile, and tipped me a buck. But the really funny one was when I was walking around the store straightening up. Got back to the medicine shelves and found that someone had stolen a condom. Right out of a 3 pack. You'd think it would be easier to just stuff the whole thing in your pocket, rather than take the time to open it up and stuff a single one in. I had to chuckle, because frankly if they're that broke I'd be happy to pitch in and buy the 3 pack for them. Do anything to help prevent unwanted pregnancies, especially since it probably was a teenager.

post signature

5 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

It may have been something done by a kid on a dare rather than because he really wanted to use the condom for anything other than a balloon. It sounds like the kind of thing a 10-12-year-old would do, then go sit in the park, open the condom with friends, and giggle hysterically.

Jannx said...

An interesting story. This one was far more enjoyable than "bicycle bum". Thanks for sharing.

A Paperback Writer said...

Max, Jannx has left comments for you on my cat/dog post.

jmpnmark said...

Maybe it was that lady who liked your smile. Did she just hand you the dollar or did she tuck it in somewhere?

Just saying...

Max Sartin said...

she just handed it to me - we're not allowed to wear g-strings at Chevron. At least not ones that show.