Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof day

.... Getting close.  I just put the planks back on the roof over the back porch.  Well, the ones I had.  A couple were beyond reusing and because I put them right up against each other instead of leaving a 1/4" gap, I ended up five or six short.  Another run to Home Depot!  I'm hot, I'm tired, my knees are killing me, and I'm done for the day. 
,,,, But at least tomorrow I get to go golfing, the first time ever.  If you don't count miniature golf or whacking golf balls around the clearings up at our property.  Personally, I've always thought the idea of hitting a tiny little white ball with a long stick and trying to get it in a little hole a bazillion yards away, with sand traps, water traps and trees in the way, well, kinda silly.  But my older brother put it in perspective.  One time I asked him why he liked to golf and his response was "It's the only place they let you drink and drive."  Two hours hanging out with the brothers, it'll be fun.  Even if I do have to hit a little white ball with a long stick once in a while.
post signature

6 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Well, have fun.
I never was a big golf fan, and since my ex loved it, well, I'm unlikely ever to really like it.....

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I'm going for the company, not for the game.

A Paperback Writer said...

That was why I used to go to high school sports events -- all my friends were going. Occasionally, if we were winning, I even paid attention to what was going on.

Max Sartin said...

I was lucky, my friends cared about school sports as much as I did. In 3 years, never made it to a single event.

A Paperback Writer said...

And that is why you need the golf, right? It's an attempt to re-capture your lost youth by going to boring sporting events with fun people so you can re-call what it's like to make something incredibly pointless into a fun event.
:)
Enjoy.

Max Sartin said...

Youbetcha.