Tuesday, July 19, 2011

All is better than well.

Colonoscopy done.  Like my older brother warned me, the worst part of the whole thing is the 24 hours before the procedure.  I was knocked out for the actual event, and after just a couple hours I was up and feeling (relatively) normal.

I knew I picked the right doctor when, as they were prepping me, they asked me my birthday.  When I told them it was April 13th, one of the nurses told me that was her birthday too, but not the same year.  Then I said something about how I turned 13 on Friday the 13th and she started laughing.  She was born in ‘88 had her 13th birthday was on a Friday too.  Weird coincidence, and it might have been the anesthesia kicking in, but all of a sudden I felt a lot more relaxed.

And it was good news.  Not a single polyp.  Nothing. Nada.  Told me not to come back for ten years, 2021.

Whew!  Now I can watch those Doug Miller PSA commercials without feeling even a twinge of anxiety, just the sorrow for the preventable loss his family is living with.

10 comments:

Jo said...

Good to know I'm clear to harass you for the next ten years!

Max Sartin said...

Like I would expect anything less from you? :) I can show you the pictures if you want...

Alexia said...

Yay! But noooo pics thankyou :)

Max Sartin said...

Thanks, and yeah, I figured this is one post that would be better without pictures. And people say I have no class at all!

21 Wits said...

ah yes great news indeed, and I have to agree with Alexia on no pixs!

Max Sartin said...

Thanks, and yeah, there are some things that just need to be kept to oneself. Colonoscopy pictures are one of those things.

Pedro said...

All's well with an end that's well.

Max Sartin said...

Ouch! That is one painful pun!

The English Teacher said...

I made all my jokes about this with you on the phone, so we won't even go there. ;)
So glad to hear everything's fine.
Drop by the English Teacher blog for a moment and see the photo I've put up today. You'll like it, I think.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, and there was even more comparisons we could have made, but some things are best left unsaid.
:)