Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Vertical?


The theme for this week is “Vertical”, and my pictures depict things that are not really vertical, but are supposed to be.  If you want to join in, or just check out some other vertical pictures, click on the banner above.

I took this picture on the way to work one morning back in 2008.  Whatever happened to the power pole happened before I got there, and to this day I’m still wondering what could have knocked a piece out of that pole and leave it hanging from the wires.

I took this picture today.  I’ve been filling in cooking at Free Wheeler Pizza and Ziggy and I were out front cooling off and were talking about this power pole.  As soon as I saw the theme for this week, I knew I had to go downtown and get these pictures.


And finally, a few of the parking lot lamps that were taken down because of the construction at the Chevron by my house.


10 comments:

Little Nell said...

A nice twist on the theme. I wonder what it was that attacked the power pole!

Mustang Sally said...

Hopefully they'll fix the leaning one before it topples over.

Hard to figure what broke that first one off.

Nice take on the theme.

The English Teacher said...

The mind just boggles on that first pole. How....?!
Oh well. Great shots.

Bob Scotney said...

I just hope they don't get the wires crossed when they sort it out.
Wooden poles are much more interesting that the modern etal tings.

Max Sartin said...

Thanks all. Yeah, I'd love to know what took that first one out. It obviously was broken off, and I've got pictures of the piece laying on the ground, but how it got that way beats me.

Alexia said...

What a great set of shots. I love the "meant to be vertical but not" idea.
Some food for thought indeed!

Limarea said...

Nice take on the theme! Great pics :)

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Very creative pictures and a very creative interpratation of the theme'
Johnina :^A

21 Wits said...

Oh Max this is a great road to take on this theme...love it way too much! That first photo..wow, eager to know the story on how and why...but then the photo is probably better than the real story! Great way to go Max! Thanks!

Max Sartin said...

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! I'm glad you enjoy my pictures as much as I enjoy all yours.
Karen - I would love to know the story too, but I never found out how it happened. We're all going to have to wonder together.