Friday, July 15, 2011

Parallel, finally.

As some of you know, I was at a Keyboarding Workshop in Springville, Utah this week.  I got these pictures at the abandoned gas station next door to the hotel I was staying at.
From this point, these poles holding up the sign don’t look very parallel, but they really are.
This is the gas pump island, no cars but a lot of parallel lines,
Finally, the two “Arby’s” on this sign were parallel too.
And frankly, having never taught Keyboarding before and considering the quality of the workshops I’ve been to lately, this one was unparalleled in the amount of good information I got out of it.

8 comments:

Limarea said...

Great parallels :)

Max Sartin said...

Thanks!

Bob Scotney said...

Neat! I had to think about Arby's though. The gas station is great.

Alexia said...

really nice shots. And I love your new backdrop!

Max Sartin said...

Thanks! And that's Old Blue, my '69 Ford, down in Springville.

21 Wits said...

Oh great Max now I feel the urge for an incredible roast beef sandwich with Horsey Sauce! great TP photos!...and it's still early I don't think Carmi's even been around viewing them all yet!

Max Sartin said...

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from "The Simpsons". In their spoof on "Lord of the Flies", when they run out of food, one of the girls comments:
"I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's."
Even though I love Arby's, it still makes me chuckle.

carmilevy said...

Ah, this is lovely....reminds me of another abandoned gas station I came across on vacation a few years back:

http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2009/07/out-of-gas.html

http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2009/01/caption-this-104.html