Friday, June 26, 2009

A good thing about new windows.

.... So, you've probably heard by now that Michael Jackson is dead.  I won't comment on his impact on American music and the video scene, his personal quirks or plastic surgery.  I'm just going to comment on his impact on my back yard work today.
.... I'm guessing that one of my neighbors in the apartment complex next door is a huge Jackson fan.  All day they have been playing his music over and over and over, with their window open and loud enough for me to hear it over my drill.  I'm still feeling a little down from my cold yesterday, so I've been going in and out, getting a little bit of work done here and there.  Every time I go out the door I'm hit with Jackson's music.  I've heard "Billy Jean" at least 3 times.  Now, I'm not saying I hate his music.  There's quite a bit of it that I do like a lot.  But replaying over and over again gives me images of a 20-something girl, laying on her bed in the relative dark, holding a picture of Jackson and crying the day away listening to his music.  I could be wrong.  She or he could be cleaning the apartment or telecommuting to their job, whilst listening to it over and over.
.... The good part is that I don't hear it at all inside the house.  I may still have to clean them, but the new windows rock.
post signature

7 comments:

Jannx said...

It is annoying no matter what music is being played. Music (again it doesn't matter the type of music) should not be played that loud unless a party is going on.

jmpnmark said...

Does this mean your not going to the 'Jackson Four' reunion tour next month?

Max Sartin said...

Jannx - I agree, it's still annoying. But since I couldn't hear it inside the house I figured it wasn't worth it to complain.
Jmpn - you are a twisted man. Good to see that hasn't changed in all these years.

A Paperback Writer said...

I envy your windows. I hear everything.

Max Sartin said...

They were worth every penny of the $3,300 I spent on them. House is more comfortable in the winter, better air flow in the summer (old ones didn't have screens, gas bill is down and noise level is much better. If you ever can do it - go for it.

A Paperback Writer said...

It wouldn't be practical for me. I checked prices and the windows would take 20 years to pay for themselves -- silly for me.
My old windows have screens, I put insulation up in the winter, and the old design is better than the new. The only thing I'd really like is the noise reduction.
But I'm glad you're happy with your windows.

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh, and it's a pity Jackson died so young, but, really, I was not a big fan. I was a LOT more upset when Lennon died. Of course, the fact that I was 15 when Lennon died probably had something to do with that, but if Lennon had been shot yesterday instead of in Dec. 1980, I still think I would be much more upset than about Jackson's death.
This is probably because Lennon didn't scream and grab his crotch when he performed.....
Oh, and he may have changed his name (John Winston Lennon to John Ono Lennon), but he did keep his own nose and skin color.