Overall, I'm kind of proud of these things I produced. I've been amazed at how much I learned over the last year, and how relatively easy it was; I expected it to be a lot harder. What I am afraid of is that the first year is all the easy(er) stuff, and that it's going to get really hard for the last 2 semesters. Wish me luck, I hope I survive. But at least I get the next 3 weeks off - no college, no school. Yippee!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
This time it was a little different, because the curtains were open and the bird tried to fly out the window. SPLAT! It's amazing how resilient these little birds are, hit the window full force and, although a little stunned, it survived. I picked it up in a towel, took it outside and when I let it go it flew off like nothing was wrong. Now, it probably had a bad concussion, maybe even internal bleeding, but I'm just going to believe that it survived.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
A Paperback Writer said...
I meant to ask earlier: how did you come to give yourself a middle name?
July 12, 2008 3:59 PM
Post a Comment
Friday, July 11, 2008
Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand. Who's wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine?
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Now that that's out of the way - chain letters like this one are completely different. First of all, there is no threat, no guilt trip, for not forwarding them on. No gloom & doom, support your troops, help find this kid or fight tyranny in the Mid-West crap, just a simple "let's learn about each other" concept. So on that note, here are my answers for this one, read them if you are interested, ignore it if you're not. Hey, you can even copy, paste, insert your own answers and then send it to me in a comment and I'll post it. If you want to.
1. Do you like blue cheese Yes, my favorite salad dressing.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No.
3. Do you own a gun? Just a couple paintball guns.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic? Don’t go there enough to have a favorite
5. Do you get nervous before doctor's appointments? Not usually.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love them, but try to avoid them.
7. Favorite Christmas movie(s)? Don’t have one.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee.
9. Can you do pushups? One on a good day, but why bother?
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Don’t wear any.
11. Favorite hobby? Buying cars.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Absolutely n, uh what was the question again?
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? My weight.
14. Middle name? Michael, but I gave it to myself
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
A. I love summer.
B. How much longer ‘till I have to change what I'm watering.
C. I should probably get off my ass, go into school and get started on setting up that computer lab.
16. Name 3 things you bought yesterday:
B. More nothing
C. and even more nothing
17. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
A. Diet coke with lime
18. Current worry? Can I make it until fall on the money I have
19. Current hate right now? Stupid, inconsiderate, self-centered people
20. Favorite place to be? Pretty much anywhere, as long as it is with friends. <-yeah, I’d have to agree with that.
21. Where would you like to go? Mexico <- that too
22. Name three people who will complete this? Ahh, I’m just sending it to Rae and Danny. I’ll put it on the blog, but I don’t expect to get much response.
23. What happened to number 23? Someone deleted the question. If you didn’t want to answer the question, put “No Comment,” don’t delete the #$*& question!
24. What shirt are you wearing? None
25. What year would you go back in time to? None permanently, but I’d love to visit the 1920’s.
26. Can you whistle? Yup.
27. Favorite color? Green
28. Would you be a pirate? Na, except for on Halloween
29. Favorite girl's name? Nicole
30. Sorry folks, this question was missing
31. Favorite boy's name? Zack
32. What's in your pocket right now? Nothing, I’m in my skivvies
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Leilani talking about the people she works with
34. Best Halloween costume? Dunno
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Getting backhanded in the face by an ice skate at the age of 9. 13 stitches and I ended up in the hospital because it got infected.
36. Do you like where you live? Yes, very much.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three
38. Who is your loudest friend? Other than myself? I’d have to go with my brother Danny, followed by Gibb, a teacher friend of mine. She doesn’t rank first only because it’s been a couple years since we taught across the hall from each other, and she’s pretty good at moderating it outside of the classroom.
39. How many dogs do you have? None, more work than I’m willing to put in.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Not as far as I know.
41. What is your favorite book(s)? Monkey Wrench Gang, Edward Abbey
42. What is your favorite candy? Almond Joy
43. Favorite Sports Team? Uh, yeah. None, really.
44. Your favorite meal? Pretty much anything grilled out on the BBQ.
45. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Working on my website.
46. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Turn on the DVD and lay in bed for another hour.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
- "The establishment it broken...My complaint about Republicans in general is that what they say and what they do is often two different things."
- He says they claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility, but are responsible for the explosion of pork-barrel spending and the rising deficit
- He also criticizes the Republican party for supporting No Child Left Behind, failing to create a coherent energy policy and failing to do anything about illegal immigration.
Of course he is a politician, but then again, to what political advantage could he be looking for by slamming the Republicans when running in Utah county? Something to think about, anyway.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Earlier in the afternoon, I did go down to the Arts Festival, which they had closed off 11th East for. It was ok. I did get a look at the development for that corner, what it's going to look like and have. Residential, commercial and retail spaces, with pedestrian open spaces. Not bad. It's kind of sad to have lost the old historic buildings in that area, but the good thing about where I live is that they try to discourage the strip-mall look, with huge parking lots in front of the buildings. Sugarhouse likes the buildings out front to hide the parking lots behind them. Much more inviting, if you ask me. There was a big group of religious fanatics in the park for the event (see picture of sign). They had a half dozen police officers hanging around to make sure it remained a peaceful demonstration. All I'm going to say about them is, looking at their sign, they sure hate a lot of people. Must take a shitload of energy. I also was surprised at how many people either stopped or ducked so they wouldn't get in the way of my pictures. Well, if you want to see the rest of the pictures I took, then just clock HERE. Hope you had a great 4th!