Friday, November 21, 2008

Um, whoops!

I'd be willing to bet most of you have never heard of Insure-Rite, Inc., or even know that the state has contracted with this company to keep track of cars without insurance.  Probably because you rarely have a car with current registration in your name that isn't insured.
.
Not so true for me.   I switch the insurance from one LTD to another so often that my insurance agent has a special ring for me on her cell phone.  And this switching back and forth could have bitten me in the butt badly, if I'd had an accident or gotten pulled over.  The last switch I remember doing is dropping the insurance from the convertible so that I could insure the wagon.  So for the last few months the convertible has been parked and I've been driving the wagon and the 4 door.

A couple of days ago I got this letter in the mail, informing me that they had me on record as not having any insurance on the 4 door.  Immediately I thought "What morons, they can't even keep track of which cars I have and don't have insured."  But, before I mailed their form back with "You Morons" written across the page, I figured I'd just check to make sure I was right and they were wrong.  Yeah, you guessed it, I'm the moron, not them.  All I can think is it's a damn good thing I didn't get in a wreck during these last few months.  Of course, it meant that I had to drive the convertible to work today, despite the cold...
post signature

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

And that would explain why I spotted you so quickly on the road.
well, that and the "impeach Nixon" bumper sticker. You just don't see too many of those around anymore.