Sunday, November 09, 2008

The home stretch, the light at the end of the tunnel, the 18th hole and any other metaphor for being almost done....

I just registered for my last semester of my Master's degree.  By April I'll be done, and early June I'll be walking across the stage getting my diploma.  Maybe even before my high school has it's graduation, then I can wear my Master's neck thingy during the ceremonies this year. (Our principal has the faculty get dressed up in graduation gowns with all the accessories for the event.)  Anyway, I can hardly beleive it's almost over, it seems like just yesterday when we walked into our first class, and yet at the same time it's taken me 30 years to get around to getting my Master's.  Hope you all will be there when I do.
post signature

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

It's nice that you'll get to be at the ceremony.
I didn't get to go to mine, so I don't have the robes or anything. The problem was that I finished in September but had to wait for the dissertations to be graded and such. Graduation was Nov. 30 -- and I was back in SLC, working my rear off again. Having just spent a grundle on tuition, housing, and a year without pay, I didn't think I should fly back to Scotland for a weekend. And my parents would've felt compelled to go -- and their health wasn't great.
Yeah. It makes me sad that I couldn't do the cool part after doing all the work.
I'm happy for you that you'll get all the honor and glory after doing all the work.
:)

Jannx said...

Congratulations on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Max Sartin said...

Thanks, both of ya.