Saturday, November 08, 2008

Good Puns Intended

This week has been a good week for really funny puns, at least funny to me.  If you read my post "The Internet Sucks", in her second comment Paperback Writer refers to California Proposition 8 as Prop Hate.  Never has a more fitting pun been made.  But an equally fitting one can be seen in the Nov 8, 2008 Salt Lake Tribune Public Forum.  In his letter, Randy Teal refers to the upcoming inaugration of Barack Obama as president as marking the end of an error. Bravo folks.
And now that Barack Obama has been elected, my hope for America renewed, I just can't find the energy to care about our current embarassment of a president.  So, in honor of the future this is the last time I will look backwards, at least in regards to stupid things G.W. has said.  The following quotes come from the rest of the pages in my Out of Office Countdown calendar (73 days left). 

  • Anybody who is in a position to serve this country ought to understand the concequences of words.

  • Considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well.

  • They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program.

  • They misunderestimated me

  • Wow! Brazil is big!

  • We need a common enemy to unite us.

  • The legislature's job is to write law.  It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.

  • This business about graceful exit just simply has no realism to it at all.

  • I used to fly myself, and I said, "well, there's one terrible pilot."

  • I think we are welcomed.  But it was not a peaceful welcome.

  • Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir.  I talk to families who die.

  • I couldn't imagine someone like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.

  • If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

  • Natural Gas is hemispheric.  I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.

  • It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life.

  • As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic...

  • But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me.

  • I understand the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the region.

  • I hope you leave here and walk out and say "What did he say?"
post signature

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

Gee, I feel so famous. *blush*
thanks.
I like the end of an error.... clever.