Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sign, sign,

everywhere a sign. Blockin’ out the scenery, breakin’ my mind.  Do this, don’t do that, can’t you read the sign?

As I mentioned before, there’s construction going on in my neighborhood.  Right along an important stretch of road for my commute, and with 2 weeks until school starts again, it looks like they’re just getting started.

And with construction comes a plethora of signs.  Telling you to slow down, move over and don’t hit the barricades.

Signs telling you to stop and wait, or just stop and figure a different route to take.

Hoping to entice you to come visit, even though the construction may make it inconvenient.

And even a sign facing the wrong way.

These pictures brought to you by the Utah Department of Transportation and:

8 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Looks like it's another good summer for Utah Barricade. :)

Max Sartin said...

That's one company I should have invested in a long time ago. We've got the lowest funded schools in the nation, but a report a month ago rated us as having some of the best roads. I guess getting around in our huge SUVs is more important than our kids.

21 Wits said...

You certainly nailed what signs can lead to perfectly! Gee whiz what sign to I follow first! Great take on this, and I just had a feeling you for sure would love the signs song! Gosh, that song often pops through my head at random moments in any given day! I think this is gonna be a very fun theme.

Max Sartin said...

Yup, I love that song, and it often pops in my head, especially when driving through construction areas.

Gilly said...

Yep! You can have too many signs, especially in bright orange!

Great shots! And you always have such a gorgeous mountain background!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Sign says you gotta have a membership card just to get inside...

Nice pics, Max!
~

Bob Scotney said...

Your road signs for construction definitely outdo the ones in the UK. Traffic cones in their thousands line our roads.

Anonymous said...

I like the contrast between the construction signs and those posted by local businesses - open and closed collide!