Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Construction makes me happy school is out.

For a week now there have been signs on 13th East warning me that I’m going to have to deal with construction between my house and I-80 from now until sometime in November.  I had no clue what it was all about until I got this in the mail today:

Ever since they started on the Westminster building next to the Chevron, I’ve known that there was a plan to build a walkway under 13th East, connecting Sugarhouse Park to the Hidden Hollow nature area.  Seems like it’s happening now.

At least school is out for the summer, and hopefully they get the worst of it done before the middle of August.

3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Is that what's going on? Huh. I might have to start avoiding that area.

21 Wits said...

I really like the sound of Hidden Hollow! Hopefully they do get it finished by then....they sure have enough time to do it!

Max Sartin said...

Karen - Hidden Hollow is a little natural area hidden in the center of a commercial block. About a decade ago a group of elementary school students petitioned, fought and got the city to preserve it as green space. It's down in a gully, with a creek running through it and for the most part, when your in it, you can't see the city that surrounds it. Beautiful, relaxing and only a 5 minute walk from my house.