Thursday, June 28, 2012

Building real buildings with Legos.

Ok, they’re not really Legos, but they do snap together to make walls for buildings.

There’s a lot of construction going on in my neighborhood, and I’ve been watching and photographing it. 

I went by the site on the corner of 2100 South and View Street, where they’re building the aptly named 21&View complex.

They’re building it by making these hollow, styrofoam lego-type building blocks, and then filling them with concrete.

They’re referred to as “insulated concrete forms”, so I get the feeling that they are going to remain even after the concrete is dry.

I’m going to have to keep an eye on the progress, see exactly how things work out. 

Take nothing but pictures, and smile.  They’re watching.

1 comment:

Lisa Shafer said...

I like that sign. :)