Saturday, March 05, 2011

Doubles on a wire.

These always fascinate me, why are they up there?  Kids playing around having fun, or was it an act of bullying?  Either way I doubt there’s a city with overhead wires that doesn’t have at least one pair hanging.  I know I’ve seen dozens in my city in just the last couple of years, I’ve thought about going around one summer capturing as many as I could find. I came across this picture while I was looking for the shoe ones.  I enjoy playing with long exposure times and seeing what I can come up with.  Here, I am my own double.

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Very nice double exposure.
The shoes always bother me. To me, they're just litter that's next to impossible for the ordinary person to clean up. I hate looking at them.

21 Wits said...

Oh that's silly we have them around here once in awhile too...you never see the people doing it...and they must do it quite late at night cuz sometimes they're on busy streets! I really love the double you...reminds me of double trouble! Now your kitties can each have one of you...of course I'm still trying to figure out how you did it...but secrets are good!

Anonymous said...

It used to be a way gangs indicated when you were in their territory. I'm not saying that it still means the same thing, just that it did once upon a time.