Thursday, April 02, 2009

Grad-gee-a-shun.

This is it.  The final stretch.  The light at the end of the tunnel.  The 9th inning.  The 18th hole.  The winter of my content.  However you want to put it.  We went and picked up our graduation duds yesterday on the way to class.  Cost a lot less than I was expecting - $76 bucks, and that included extra for the red doohickey around my neck and a U of U Alumni license plate frame.  Now I just have to decide which car it's going to go on.
post signature

6 comments:

Jannx said...

A very nice photo. Congratulations!!!

Max Sartin said...

Thanks Jannx, it's still hard to beleive that it's almost over. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that I showed up for that first class. Days are going by way too fast lately...

A Paperback Writer said...

You look WAY too serious in that photo.
Congratulations.
When is the actual date?
Oh, happy birthday next week -- glad you get the day off.

And it's "discontent," as in "Now is the winter of our discontent made glorius summer by this son of York." It's the opening line of Richard III.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I was trying to look reserved and academic. Instead I ended up looking constipated, according to my older brother. The official time and date is Friday, May 8th at 1:30 PM at Kingsbury Hall.
Although I didn't know all the details, I was aware that the quote is 'winter of our discontent', I'm just not feeling very discontented about being almost done, so I used a little poetic license and changed it to content.

A Paperback Writer said...

Does that mean you're contented to have more winter? It seems to me that this is truly the "winter of our discontent" and most folks want it over now....

Max Sartin said...

All I can say is that my contentedness at almost being done with my Master's Degree overshadows my discontentedness with the current meteriological situation. Whew! That's a mouthful.