Monday, August 04, 2008

"We stand for things" - Davenport, Iowa, Aug. 4, 2004

A hundred sixty nine days left of what is arguably the worst presidency in the history of our country. Let me put it this way - less than half the people in Utah are happy with our president. (According to the Rasmussen Report on June 23, 2008, only 45% of Utahns think GW is doing good or excellent). When you consider that even George the First at his worst hit 68%, (Deseret News, May 25, 2003) that says a lot. So, in honor of the dwindling number of days left of this walking embarassment of a leader, here are some of the quotes I've gleaned from my "GWBush Official Countdown Calendar";
  • "I don't know all the facts, I want to know all the facts. The best place for the facts is to be done is by somebody who's spending time investigating it" - Washington, D.C., July 2005

  • "Give me a chance to be your president and America will be safer and stronger and better" - Marquette, Michigan, July 13, 2004 (campaigning for reelection)

  • "Justice ought to be fair" - Washington, D.C., 2004

  • "No more public scatology." - In a personal note to future Supreme Court nominee, Harriet Miers, July 18, 1997.

  • "I wish I wasn't the war president. Who in the heck wants to be a war president? I don't." - Washington, D.C., 2004

  • "These people don't have tanks. They don't have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out." - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 2002

  • "I think war is a dangerous place." - Washington D.C., 2003

No comments: