Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just shoot me now.

Yesterday (Tue) was the day of hell. Broke everything in site. Started in the morning when I was rolling down the windows on Old Blue and broke a window crank. Went to lunch with a few people from school and broke one of my teeth, a molar in back that had had a root canal, so the tooth doesn't hurt but it's ragged and my tongue's a little sore. Broke my door key in the back door (this one I could have prevented, I've been meaning to replace it for a week or two). Opened the back door and heard water running in the basement, the hose to the swamp cooler had burst and there was over an inch of water down there. It was trash day and I tweaked my back so bad I can't even put my socks on. And, no, I didn't tweak it moving my huge recycling can full of paper from school, I did it picking up the trash can in my bedroom. The one with 4 tissues and an old pair of socks in it. I'd hoped the pain would go away overnight, but I ended up at the doctor's office today. X-Rays show that my spine is all fine and dandy, everything where it should be. Which means I basically sprained my back, pulled a muscle or tendon. Nothing to do except take it easy, and take some good pharmaceuticals so I can sleep. Fun day.

I had a spare doorhandle so I got that fixed, and a little piece of hose fixed the water to the swamp cooler. The basement isn't finished, still mostly dirt so the water just soaked into the ground and what was left evaporated. (I store everything there at least an inch off the floor because I've had water issues before). I have an appointment on monday to take care of the tooth - considering the back pain the tooth is no issue at all. My little brother has spare keys just because of key situations like this and, yeah my back hurts like hell whenever I bend over, but at least it's nothing serious. Always look on the bright side of life, do, do , duh dum, da, dum da, dum.....

3 comments:

Jannx said...

Wow, a never truer moment for the saying "when it rains...". Sorry to hear about your unfortunate day.

A Paperback Writer said...

Hey, I have a dentist appt. on Monday, too, because I snapped off half a front incisor 3 weeks ago in Orkney. (Fortunately, it's the back half so I don't look too snaggle-toothed.)
what a crappy day. I sympathize with the back pain, as I often have that.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I'm glad that day is over. Unfortunately my back is still bothering me, which makes all those little things that happen every day seem a lot more annoying, so it seems that the bad luck is still continuing. As for the tooth, I too was lucky that it was the back that broke off so from the front you can't even tell.