Friday, April 04, 2008

Maybe I'm not always right?

I saw a bright yellow Mustang on my walk today and thought "That's just wrong." So I took a picture of it for the blog and was all prepared to slam on the bright yellow Mustang. I even went online and got a the pictures of the Vega (never should have been orange ones) and the VW Bugs. The argument was going to be that the only car that ever looked good in off colors was the VW Bug, which frankly, (not Frankie) looks good in any color. Pink Cadillacs, Mary Kay, but they work, especially because of the song. Orange Cadillacs? Uh, no! Saw a Pepto pink Toyota Celica. There's a reason nobody made that song. How about a candy apple red H3? Bad example, they suck in any color. My point is that I see a lot of cars that are painted colors that just never should have happened. And I was going to rant and rave about the bright yellow Mustang. Until I saw my picture of it. Didn't look so bad anymore. Ahhh, maybe it was just my awsome photography, so I Googled "Yellow Mustang". Go ahead and do it, click on the little "Images" tab up top first. You'll get somewhere around 149,000 hits. And they all looked pretty damn good. But I still stand by my comment about the pink Celica, the orange Cadillac and the H3 (and H2 by proxy). Even I can't be right 100% of the time.......

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I sort of agree with you on this.
Yes, VW Beetles can be painted just about any which way and still look good. (I saw one done up as a ladybug once....)
I think a pink Cadillac is acceptable only if you are 1) Hispanic and it's a lowrider and 2) you are also a drug dealer
I have seen SUVs and various sporty-types of cars (okay, sorry, but I don't always bother to identify the type) and (ouch) pick up trucks painted in what I can only call taxi-cab-yellow-orange. I personally think that the fashion police ought to be notified. Only taxi cabs (and VW Beetles) should be that color.
I am also not fond of lilac as a color for any vehicle that is not a Beetle (and probably not even for that).
So, no, I don't really think all the cars in the photos you posted look good. Sorry if that offends you, but if you paint your Subaru that yellowy-orange color, I'm not riding in it with you. Period.
My friend Zak over at immortalmotorsports.blogspot.com loves that orangey color. Most of the cars he paints look incredible (Have you ever looked at the photos on his blog?), but I still can't stand that color on a car.
Okay, I'll shut up now.

Max Sartin said...

Well, the pictures on the left were actually supposed to be examples of bad paint, and the VW's were examples of how those colors do work on the Beetle, so, no I'm not offended that you didn't like all of the pictures. I completely agree with you on the Taxi-yellow, like the Toyota in the background of the Mustang, nothing but a taxi should be painted that color. The yellow of the Mustang is a more pure yellow, rather than Taxi yellow, and I don't think it looks too bad on a sports car. Anyway, that's just my opinion, and I just woke up so I'm outta here....