Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oooops!

Ok, somebody wasn't paying attention when they were leaving the parking lot up at the U where I have my classes. Usually when you hit a curb, you think "Hmm, maybe I ought to stop?" not "Hmm, maybe I ought to hit the gas and try to get over it?" My opinion is that she was on the phone when it happened, but then again I have to admit a bias against driving and phones. It could have as easily been that she hit the gas when she meant to hit the brake. I don't know. But I do know that the car is resting right on the frame, and the exaust system. Although I do find it a little bit amusing, I also have to say I feel for her - unless she really was on the phone.....
.
Just had a break in class, went out to check on the progress. Got out there just in time to see her drive away - the tow truck that lifted the front end over the ledge was still there. Well, I'm glad she didn't totally mess up the car, but I still think she's gonna have exaust problems in the future.

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I'm cool with your phone assumption, but not with your gender assumption. I've seen plenty of incredibly stupid male drivers too. (Just wait till I tell you about the idiot I had to drive behind last Friday on the way home....)

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, but the gender was not an assumption. When I went out to take the pictures I saw the driver. She was a 20-something blond co-ed pacing back and forth, talking on the cell phone and repeatedly looking under the car.

A Paperback Writer said...

Well, if you'd just SAID that to begin with, the story wouldn't have sounded so sexist.

Max Sartin said...

Eh, guess I just didn't think about it. I just figured everyone would know I had seen the driver - 'cause I'll be the first to admit that men can be every bit as stupid in their vehicles. Stupidity in the human race crosses all boundries : gender, age, race, soci-economic status and geographic location. Constants in the human condition. We eat, sleep, bleed and are stupid.