Friday, April 13, 2007

Paraskavedekatriaphobia

Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes, both e-mail and on my voice mail......
Survived another Friday the 13th birthday. Third one that I can remember. Turned 13 on Friday the 13th. 30 also. Day started out like a Friday the 13th ought to - sucked. I was going to post something about the fear of friday the 13th (see title) and the fear of getting older, but despite the depth and breath of the world wide web, I could not for the life of me find the proper phobia for the fear of aging. Wasted 15 minutes looking for it, until I had to hurry out the door for work, and was unable to produce what would have undoubtly been one of the funniest blog entries ever. Ok, maybe not, but it did start the day off very poorly. But fortunately only the beginning of the day sucked, the rest was pretty good. School went great, everyone said happy birthday and some students even made me a huge birthday card. After school I got to spend more school money on some technology for my computer there. Then I met with Gibb and we went out looking for a car for her - she needs an SUV, something not so close to the ground, because of her back surgery. So we end up out at the E Center, where they're having a huge used car sale, over 1,200 cars. She drove a bunch of SUV's and after we'd been there for a few hours I asked the guy if I could drive a Mustang just for the fun of it. Yup, got to drive a 2005 GT. Man, that V8 makes a beautiful sound. Decided that's going to be my graduation present when I get my Masters. Yup, can't wait. Well, it was a great day overall, and now it's time to lay down and watch my Roseanne DVD's........

No comments: