Friday, February 03, 2012

The Sci-Fi Post

Surprisingly, I’m in charge of what I call the Tech Squad at the school.  Basically I have two students as my T.A. during my prep period.  We produce videos and photos to for the counselors and other school things.  We’ve (I should say, mostly they), made videos on honor, dress code and bullying.  We just finished a promo video for the elective classes that the counselors will take when they talk to the 6th graders about registration for next year.  Next week we start on the promo video for our current 7th and 8th graders.

So we took yesterday off and took a series of pictures that MRT digitally blended (and messed with) to get this: (A long, long time ago, in a Junior High School far, far away…)

And then I decided to add this one in, because it also blends sci-fi with down-to-earth reality.

8 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Cool.
I wanna play with a lightsaber.

Max Sartin said...

Guess I won't tell you that they're Photoshopped in, we didn't even have toy ones to play with. But it was still a blast, planning the thing out, hitting the timer button on my camera and running into place.

Alexia said...

I can only see the Spock one - but hey! what could be cooler?
You have such a neat time at your school - I can tell you love it.
:)

Lisa Shafer said...

I figured you wouldn't even have that many toy ones. But I still wanna lightsaber.

PS you have an award on my blog. Come pick it up.

21 Wits said...

Did I spot you hanging on the lower right wall? What a blast!...that's got to be the best Spock photo ever!

Max Sartin said...

Alexia - I left that first one fairly large so that you could see the detail, but I just created a smaller one for the post itself, so it won't take all day to download. If you click on it it will open up the bigger file, which may still take a bit of time to download. (I've got to get a faster computer for my server).
Lisa - I went by and thought I posted a response to the Skunk Award, I was quite honored and thank you for considering me a good enough friend to give me the award. I'll drop by and repost.
Karen - Yup, all that fighting and it's really only the three of us, me and my two Tech Kids.

Lisa Shafer said...

That first comment somehow got into the spam file. Weird. I've found it now, though.

Max Sartin said...

I'm going to have to check my spam file more often, I just found one from Bob Scootney, which he sent back on 12/15/11. Sorry Bob, I wasn't censoring you!