Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Love a goofy faculty.

The first school I was at, I was among the 2 goofiest people on the staff.  Any practical joke was immediately met with “Oh, [insert my name and my cohort-in-crime’s name] are at it again.”.

The second school I went to, I found myself a big fish in a really big pond.  Goofyness abounded and I had to work hard to keep my standing in the group. (Ok, not that hard.  But I wasn’t always automatically blamed for everything.)

Flash forward to school number six and I may be a big fish in a small pond, but I’m not the only one.  I got this delivered to my classroom third period:

Seems the P.E. teacher thinks that my classroom may, at some time, spontaneously become a vacuum.  And this little bag would help?

In fourth period, the kids noticed it and one of them asked if he could have it.  When I asked him why he told me It would make a great pillow.  You could sleep on it and since it’s clear the teacher would just think you’re looking at the book.”

I don’t think it would be that hard to notice, but it still made me laugh.

5 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

:)

21 Wits said...

Does this genius in training plan on being a teacher someday too? ...as a Mom I'd be worried that he'd stop breathing doing this for too long...isn't it great to surround yourself with such accidental genius?! Oh let the fun games begin....!..when I was in school our teachers didn't own such a great sense of humor!

Max Sartin said...

Karen - Too bad for them. If I didn't get a laugh out of them at least once a day, I'd have to find another job.

darlin said...

Kids are way too cute... as long as they're someone else's! Just kidding, I have 3, all adults now, and I love them more so now then ever... they all pay their own rent and mortgages. ;-)

Max Sartin said...

I don't have any kids of my own, so I can easily agree with your original comment :) I've got 4 nieces, 4 nephews, 3 grand-nephews and 4 grand-nieces, and love them all dearly. Even more so, I truly enjoy their company, especially the adult ones that I can relate to on an adult level.