Friday, February 04, 2011

Single.

The Thematic Photographic theme for this week is “singles”.  The first thing that came to mind was how, out here in the desert, so many trees seem to pop up and survive all alone in a sea of sage brush and dry grass.  Why?  Why can it survive and yet not even one other one can?  I’ve got tons of these pictures from around the state, they’re all over the place, and yet completely ‘single’.If you’re interested in seeing other ‘singles’ pictures and, hopefully, even joining in, click on the banner at the bottom and see what it’s all about. 

4 comments:

carmilevy said...

I'll never understand how life can persist in areas where it really shouldn't. Yet somehow it does. And it always warms my soul - I think of it as life, defiant, and it inspires me to never give up hope just because things are tough.

With enough gumption, in any scenario, anyone can find a way to keep hope alive. This tree proves it.

I love how you've put your own stamp on this theme!

Jeff said...

Very nice! It's stark without being desolate. Somehow very comforting.

21 Wits said...

There's something comforting to me about sagebrush floating across the country side...this morning it almost looked like a sage brush had blown in...but in closer looking it was just a glob of hay probably from the neighbor's barn. Oh well ...great single, single shot Max....post more! ok?!

Max Sartin said...

Life in the desert never ceases to amaze me. From lizards scurrying around where the seems to be no water at all to trees cropping up out of walls of rock. It is comforting, and reassuring, to see that life goes on no matter what the hardships. Glad you all liked the picture, and I'll try to find some more Karen.