Monday, October 05, 2009

Arches Weekend

Not really much story to tell – went down Thursday and stayed in one campground that wasn’t in Arches.  The next day we picked up camp and moved over to our reserved ones in Arches.  The weather was perfect – during the days.  No rain, nice and warm but not hot.  The nights and mornings were a little bit chilly, an extra 2 or 3 degrees warmer would have been nice.  Got a bunch of hiking done, bunch of relaxing done and a bunch of hanging out with the family done.  ‘Twas awesomely rejuvenating. Click below to see the pictures and get more details.
sartin

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Definitely more interesting than my weekend of grading papers and finding a painter.

Max Sartin said...

I didn't know you were getting your portrait painted.

A Paperback Writer said...

Funny.
Dad did a charcoal portrait of me a few years ago. It's the only thing he's ever done where I refused to look at it after once seeing it. I may have hurt his feelings, but I still said, "Dad, it's a drawing, not a photograph. You don't HAVE to make me look like I look now. Can't you take an old pic of me and draw me younger and thinner?"
He was a bit hurt, but he did, so the portrait of me that hangs on their wall shows me at about 28.

And the painters I"m having trouble getting are for my kitchen and bathroom, you dork. But I'm sure you knew that anyway. ;)