Monday, August 31, 2009

The LTD conundrum is exposed.

…. Maybe it’s just me, but if you produce a website about classic cars, you really ought to get the basic facts right. And with cars, especially old cars, the year is not just a trivial detail. Even if the title of your website is “Les voitures classiques en Bulgarie”. (“Classic cars in Bulgaria”, and I didn’t even have to use Babel Fish to translate that.)
…. Anyway, the problem with the picture was that it claimed to be a 1970 Ford LTD, when it was really a 1969. Now, you’ve probably just said to yourself “who cares?” Well, I guess I do. There are some differences between the two years that make, at least for me, the 1969 preferable.

  1. The ‘69 has the horn ring, the ‘70 has it in the center bar.
  2. The ‘69 has the ignition switch on the dash, at the bottom.
  3. The ‘70 has it on the steering column. The ‘69 has nicer inside door handles.

6970a
Click on picture to see it full sized

 
…. You have now completed your course work in LTDS 6970. If you’ve read this far, I give you an “A”. See you in LTDS 7172 next semester.
- Professor Max
post signature

 

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

Indeed. Of course, I would never have known -- except that you said something was wrong, so the wrong date sounds very logical to me.