Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New matress and a new seat.

.... Thanks to my sister-in-law, the female half of The Gearheads, I got a new mattress today.  A nice, firm, king sized, pillow-top Kingston matress, for a grand total of $400.  That includes tax and delivery.  One of the Utah Nissans clan works for a mattress wholesaler ("Never buy retail, always buy wholesale, Dan" - Ed Conner), and voila - goodbye backpain, I'm gonna sleep tonight!
.... I also got the seat to my foster motorcycle re-upholstered.  The old seat made the whole bike look kind of dumpy.  The leather was ripped at the seams, cushioning hanging out.  Looks a lot better and even has more padding in the seat.  Way cool.  And I only had to pay half of the cost, the bike's real father (male half of The Gearheads) paid for the other half. 
.... Overall, a great day.
post signature

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I didn't even know you had a motorcycle.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, well, technically it's my little brother's. I've been storing it in my garage since he bought it 15 years ago, so we share it. Works out good for the both of us.