Tuesday, July 06, 2010

iPods are not machine washable.

iPod But I sure tried.  I was doing laundry and left mine in my pants pocket.  Fortunately, I thought, I caught it before putting it into the dryer, which I was sure would fry all the circuitry.  I left it out on the counter for three days hoping it would dry out and at least be re-formatable. (That’s not a real word according to my text editor).  So, after the three days I plugged it in and watched it flash on and off for a while.  Nada.  Disconnected it, started up iTunes and then reconnected the iPod.  Niente.  So it’s toast, but at least it’s nice and clean.

MEET ME AT THE CORNER OF HHLADD AND OOH.

hhladdSMALL

oohSMALL

Methinks it may be time for a couple of new streets signs in the Holladay area.  These two streets actually do cross, although the signs are not at the same intersection.

And finally, just a couple pictures of a cloud at sunset.

cloud1cloud2  zzz

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I have had several students tell me about making similar experiments with their iPods and cellphones. I believe we have a growing body of evidence to support the hypothesis that in iPod/cellphone vs. washing machine/toilet, the body of water will indeed be victorious over the electronics.

Max Sartin said...

You'd think by now, especially with electronics getting so small, that they'd start making them somewhat waterproof.

A Paperback Writer said...

True. My watch has survived several accidental dips into dishwater and rain deluges. However, I'm not sure if it'd survive a full cycle in the washing machine.