Saturday, July 24, 2010

Gliders and T.M.I.

We had some colorful motorized paragliders buzzing the Chevron today.  I think they come out of Sugarhouse Park, that’s where it looks like they land.  They look cool flying around there and it’s funny to watch the customers staring up in the sky as they go around.  Makes me wonder if anyone is looking to see if it’s Super Dell Schanze.

We also had a big group of 20-somethingers come into the store.  Three of the girls were at the counter while one of them was paying.  The lady paying reached around to tap her friend on the shoulder, and instead got a hand full of breast.  She turns towards the friend and tells her ‘sorry’, and the friend says ‘what?’ 

I just grabbed your boob.”

Really, I didn’t even notice.”

Seriously? Even the he [meaning me] noticed.”  We were both smirking by this time.

Guess I’m just so used to it I didn’t even notice.”

We were all laughing by now, so I just said “Ok, T.M.I.” and handed her the change.

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Funny.
My favorite convenience store too-close-for-comfort story comes from my buddy Zak.
Apparently, a few years ago, he was standing in one of those truck stops stores in the middle of nowhere, staring at a rack of junk food items, and trying to decide what he wanted when suddenly he got a friendly pinch on the butt. He turned around to find an attractive lady who said, "Oh, sorry! I thought you were my husband."
His response was, "For a minute there, ma'am, I did too."

Anyway, at least nobody got too personal with YOU today. Of course, maybe it would've been a much better story if they had..... ;)

Max Sartin said...

Good response, Zak! As for getting too personal with me, maybe the story wouldn't have ended there :)

A Paperback Writer said...

That would depend on who it was that got to personal, I'm sure. ;)

A Paperback Writer said...

Ugh. typo. Should be "too personal." Sorry.