Friday, April 11, 2008

Sunny, cool, with an asshole front coming through sometime mid morning...

Was it just me, or or was the human race overly obnoxious today? Two kids in Computer Tech today kept getting up and annoying each other in class, both have less than 10% in the class and didn't think they needed to take advantage of my make-up day. Psychology class was great, after my refusal to be continually interrupted got two girls so angry they just up and left the room. After that we had a great discussion about schizophrenia, antisocial personality disorder and phobias. They got a little restless the last 10 minutes of class, but that's to be expected. On the way home from school I saw two people run "right turn only" lanes because they didn't think they should have to get at the back of the line like the rest of us peons. The last straw (mainly because I came home and am currently hiding out from humanity) was at the self check-out line at Albertsons. Why is it that some people think that just because I've started running my card that it's time for them to crowd me and start pushing me away with their cart. I tell ya, sometimes I wish that little part of me that makes me behave civilized would just take a vacation and let me stop their cart and say "do you mind if I finish first?" What has happened to us that so many of us are in such a big hurry that we don't have the time to have any respect for the people around us?
Ahhh, vented. Now I can go put in a DVD and relax the rest of the evening........

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

The sap rises in the spring.
As soon as I get time today (later, after I take my dad over to Inkley's to show him how to order prints of all those fun pics we've been making on his iPhoto program), I'll post on what MY Friday was like (oh, the drama of a junior high school!). Maybe you'll feel better when you read it. Misery loves company, you know.
(Oh, and I hate it when people cut around me from a right turn lane. It makes me want to turn into a 3th grader and yell "cheater!" at them. Honestly, didn't they learn to take turns on the playground like the rest of us?)

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I was surrounded by SAPs in school today - Seriously Apathetic People.

Max Sartin said...

Well, yesterday, not today. Today is Saturday, and we don't have school on Saturday. But you knew what I meant...

A Paperback Writer said...

The Friday drama is now available on my blog, as is a vent on yellow ribbons and the idiots who plaster them all over their cars without thinking about what they mean.