Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another one bites the dust......

When my neighbor just gave me the car I couldn't beleive it. But then Old Blue came along and my vehicular focus shifted. I decided to go with a theme that didn't include an old BMW that still needed a lot of work. Actually, my "Old LTD" theme doesn't include any BMW. So there it sat in the back yard, collecting dust and rust. Until Barry, the neighbor that gave it to me in the first place, asked if I was still planning on restoring it. I told him no, that I was actually trying to get rid of it. Turns out he has a friend that is interested in it, and that he'd split whatever he got out of it with me. As of this afternoon I have one less vehicle at my house. Not that it was in the way or anything, but at least I don't have to worry about it any more. I don't know if I'll ever see the 1/2 of the proceeds, the guy who took it is going to check it out, try to get it running before he and Barry decide on a price. Hey, any extra money will be nice, but I paid nothing for it so no big loss, and I got the battery out of it for Old Blue anyway. So I stored it for the price of a battery. The good news is that even though I'm down to only 3 cars, they all are legal and run like champs. Now I got to start looking for the wagon. Or 2 door hardtop. Or old cop car. Whichever comes first.....

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Car 54, where are you?
Cop car would be good. How about a hearse? Wouldn't that be a hoot? Or an old ambulance (like the one in Ghostbusters)? Or maybe you should find an old Beetle. Or a vintage 70s station wagon (with the pop-up rear facing seats in the back).

Max Sartin said...

I was thinking the same thing, that a cop car would be good for #54. Despite the real Car 54 being a Dodge, mine will have to be a '70ish Ford, to keep with the theme I have going.
[http://www.srossi.net/2007/12/Cars/LTDFamily.html for theme information]
So if anyone knows of a good deal on an old Ford Cop car, let me know. Well, wait until I actually have the money, ok?