- The Constitution
- The Ten Commandments
- Cows - Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that, wheninvestigating Mad Cow disease, our government can track a single cowborn in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where shesleeps in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to theirstalls. But they are unable to locate the 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
- The Constitution - They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
- The Ten Commandments - The real reason that we can't have the TenCommandments posted in a courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950's:
- Teaching Math In 1950's, A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?
- Teaching Math In 1960's, A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100 His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
- Teaching Math In 1970's, A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?
- Teaching Math In 1980's, A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
- Teaching Math In 1990's, A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok. )
What celebrities would look like if they lived in Ohio....click HERE.
Gotta run, class in a few minutes........