Sunday, March 30, 2014

Domicile Colonoscopy.

My house had a colonoscopy tonight.

Well, what else would you call it when some professional runs a camera down the poop chute looking for unwanted growths.  So what if it’s the sewer line and the growths are tree roots?

The good news is that my pipes look pretty good.  Almost all the roots were hair sized and just growing through the joints.  No damage.  So, it looks like I’m not going to have to do the $9,000 replacement, he just got out his other machine and cut out most of the roots.  He’ll be coming back later in the week to treat the lines with root killer, and he says that if I kill the roots every 2 years or so I should be fine for years to come.

The only thing I find weird is that the camera has a microphone.  I mean, what would you have to listen to down a sewer line?

5 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

We'll make a writer out of this math teacher yet!
Now THAT was a killer opening line!
Well done, you!

PS I'm glad for the good news as well. :)

Max Sartin said...

It's all from reading your blog, even when it's about writing and I have no comments to make.
We need to go taking pictures sometime this week so you can see the new Jeep.

Lisa Shafer said...

Yes. I'd love to. But later, like Friday or Sat. Mom had surgery today, and Dad had surgery two weeks ago, and I sort of need to be available. Plus, they're taking their car in for repairs tomorrow and don't want a rental ($$$), so I need to be available to drive them where they need to go for three days while the paint dries on the repair.

Do you think we'd have time to do a cover update on a book? Just switching pics. If there's time.

Max Sartin said...

I can't on Saturday because I'm headed up to Logan for my niece's wedding. Friday would work. I'm sure we can do the cover fix too, but you'll have to bring your files since all mine got lost in the hard drive crash of late 2013.

21 Wits said...

I am so happy for you! As for what I'd hear down there, yikes just the thought of it is kind of creepy, but it makes sense I guess!