Saturday, November 16, 2013

Finally Happened

For half a decade I worked part-time at the Chevron near my house.  I was amazed at the number of people that would come speeding into the parking lot just to come to a screeching halt in the parking spots in front of the building.  I was even more amazed that no one ever jumped the curb and hit the windows.

Until this Wednesday.  I stopped by after school to fill up my tank and the manager was still sweeping up the glass;  I “missed it by that much”.

Of course the kid said that it was an accident, his foot slipped off the clutch.  That’s just about what TMC said in ‘87 when he drove his parent’s Country Squire into the Seven-11 ice machine. 

Truth was he was screwing around, trying to make a grand entrance and misjudged the car’s stopping ability.  Considering the damage done here, I suspect this kid was doing the same.  

That bent frame looks like more damage than a stopped car with a slipped clutch would do, but I could be wrong.

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Good thing no one was hurt. Sorry you missed the action.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, I kinda wish I had been there when it happened. And fortunately, no body was hurt, just the windows.