Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wildfires make for beautiful sunsets.

About 40 miles (64km) southwest of us there is a 12,000 acre wildfire burning.  Since, for the most part, our weather pattern comes from the southwest, the smoke is funneling right into our valley.  Makes for hazy days and sore throats.  But also some nice sunset shots.  Here are some of mine from tonight.

Just for the record – I did absolutely no color enhancement on these at all.  Cropping, the frame and the copyright is all.

4 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Oooh! Love that penultimate one!
I saw the sunset as I was coming home from back-to-school night. Glad you got some shots.
My car (and I) got covered in ashes that were falling like a weird snowstorm at school this evening.

Max Sartin said...

That doesn't surprise me that you got ashes where your school is. Have fun today!

Lisa Shafer said...

Faculty meeting. Oh joy. Can't wait.
PS Your fav science teacher is on my team this year. That should be fun. :D

Max Sartin said...

Cool, that should be fun. Tell everyone I say "Hi".