Friday, May 03, 2013

The Gods of the Vegetative State.

That’s what cats are.  They can go from running around the house chasing each other to motionless on the couch in nanoseconds.

written inc.’s theme for this week is “Vegetative”, and here’s my interpretation.

Vegetative in the dish rack.

Vegetative together on the couch.

Vegetative on their chair. – “theirs” because it takes 20 minutes to vacuum all their hair off, so I just leave it for them.

Vegetative alone on the couch.

Vegetative on my backpack, on the dining room table.

Vegetative in a box they broke to get to the
flannel rags Lisa gave me.

Vegetative on my bed.

Vegetative in another box.

Vegetative in a box that’s just a little too small.

“Hey, leave me alone, I was vegetative.”

7 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Oh, very good!
Heh, I'd forgotten all about that car-cleaning gift of flannel. I'm sure you enjoy polishing the cars with cat hair..... :)

Alexia said...

So very cute. What a great interpretation of the theme! What is it with cats and boxes? My tabby's just the same. See a box, get into it :)

Max Sartin said...

Lisa - I washed them all and then hid them away in the closet where they remain cat-hair free for car polishing.

Alexia - No kidding. Before I have whatever was in the box unpacked and set up, those two are already claiming their territory.

Gilly said...

I love those shots! My family's cats always loved boxes too. And baskets and shopping bags. One nearly got taken away!!

Bob Scotney said...

Definitely comfortable boxed in.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What a great couple of cats you have, Max.
~

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Great take on vegetative and nice collection to boot...