Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stranger among us.

People fascinate me.  That’s probably why I minored in psychology and continue to teach.  Half the reason I go to many of the street fairs that we have here in Salt Lake is to watch the people.  And of course I always bring my camera.

I take pictures of them.  I try to be subtle about it ‘cause I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable, and I will not follow anyone to get a picture.  But I read somewhere that with surveillance cameras, traffic cameras and ATM cameras, urban dwellers can expect to be on camera a majority of time they are out in public, so I figure one more shot isn’t going to matter.

Anyhoo, I took this picture as I was walking back to my classroom from up on the 3rd floor.

Theme for this week: “Strangers among us.”  Click on the banner to see more great pictures and/or to join in the fun.

5 comments:

Alexia said...

good capture - and what a lovely dog! His owner looks well wrapped up - is it perchance a little cool there? :)

Max Sartin said...

Just a wee bit cold here. Ironically, it should warm up a bit after a cold front we're expecting comes through later today. It will clear out the inversion and allow the sun to actually make it into the valley again.

21 Wits said...

You captured on of my most favorite things to do, well really two, walk my doggies and people watch! great strangers among us right!

Bob Scotney said...

A dog just can't get any privacy these days.

Gilly said...

Good shot - and a funny place to take a dog for a walk! Hope it leads to somewhere grassy