Sunday, May 15, 2011

Duh-mass in a Grand Cherokee

I’m coming home from the store and turning left at the light.  The light turns green and even though there aren’t any cars coming, I wait.  Why?  Because first a couple pedestrians have to cross the street and then there is a bicyclist coming toward me.  So, I sit there for a minute waiting for all the non-motorized vehicles to clear the way when the guy behind me decides I’m sitting there for no reason at all and cuts around me.  (See picture above.)  I guess he didn’t see the bicyclist, figured I was texting or something asinine like that, and decided rather than honk his horn and wake me up, he’d just pull a total bonehead maneuver and go around.  Except he ended up having to come to a quick stop for the guy on the bicycle, that I was waiting for.  Impatient douche bag.  There.  I feel better now.

Ever have one of those days where you fix one thing, just to have something else break down?  Yeah, I did.  The ignition switch on Old Blue went out on me on Friday.  I could start the car fine, but it wouldn’t stay in the “run” position, so the second I let go of the key the car turned off.  I had to drive all the way home holding the key in the “start” position.  Gave me some bad finger cramps, but I made it.  So yesterday I put in a new one.  I went straight to NAPA, figuring that even they wouldn’t have one for a 1969 Ford, but if anyone did it would be them.  They did have it.  A whopping $25, and it took me just over an hour to switch it out.  Would have taken me even less time if I didn’t have to look up on the internet how to get the key cylinder out of the switch so I could put it in the new one.  Then I’m out driving around today and the signal flasher switch decided to go on holiday (as in “Chicken Run”).  Back to NAPA and another $2.35 and 5 minutes later all is well again.  For now.  Knock on wood.

4 comments:

The English Teacher said...

At least the guy was able to stop in time -- and hopefully got a lesson in the meantime.

Max Sartin said...

True, it would have been a lot worse if he had hit the bicyclist. But I'm not counting on him learning anything. If people learned from their driving mistakes, we wouldn't see so many accidents every first snow of winter.

The English Teacher said...

Touché.

21 Wits said...

Sadly that insane driver probably didn't learn a lesson, and I can just imagine all the fine words he had to say when HE had to stop for somebody...I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, (on a ramp) because Mr. I'm the most Important driver on the road (it does feel good to rant doesn't it?!) had to get ahead of me! It seems they get more stupid all the time with being selfish on the road.... as for NAPA yes they do seem to always have just what you need...and usually they have great staff that really know how to help people! Happy trails with old Blue Max!