Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Construction; Continued.

Whew, what a night.  So incredibly glad that it is spring break right now.
The pounding continued for another 45 minutes, until right around midnight.  I couldn’t hear anything back in my bedroom, other than the fan going that I sleep with anyways.  White noise.  But I could feel it all the way back there.  Nothing enough to rattle things off the walls or anything, but just enough, and just irregular enough, to be annoying.  Fortunately I had my CSI DVDs to keep me from getting too frustrated with it.
Shortly after the pounding stopped I fell asleep.  But I kept waking up every half hour or so, expecting the pounding to start again, and would go out to the front window to see if they were still there.  They finally left around 2:00 in the morning and I finally got to sleep.
Again, for me it was really no big deal.  Didn’t have to get up early in the morning and I often stay up late watching DVDs when I have the next day off.  But I can imagine how I would have felt if that 5:00 AM alarm was looming and I knew I had to go to work.  Which is why I could just picture my neighbors furiously pacing their homes wondering who they could freak out at over this.

No comments: