Monday, August 02, 2010

Back to School, Day 1

I got notice the other day that I got the classroom I asked for at the end of last year.  It’s actually a science room, it’s bigger and the tables the students sit at are bolted down, so there won’t be any chair-migration.  So, it being the first Monday of August, I decided to venture out there and start moving my stuff to my new room.  I got everything moved in, not put away although that’s not going to be a problem.  The new room has tons of bookshelves and locking closets.  The first three pictures are of my new classroom, you see my area and then both sides of the student area from the front of the room.  The last two pictures are of the new room plaques that the district decided we needed.  Apparently the district is having a bad case of everythin’s-gotta-be-the-same, because we didn’t really need them and they are exactly like the ones in the district offices.  Guess they don’t have anything better to spend the money on, which probably was too much because they’re really cheapo, they needed to add screws to hold the sign in.  What they didn’t consider is where they were putting the screw.  Think 13 year-old and then scroll down to the bottom.

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

LOL!!!!!
How many "screw" jokes do you think you're gonna hear this year? Oh my gosh. C'mon, you don't need to be 13 to "get" this one. One of those workmen was having a good time with this.

Jeff said...

Oh wow. Yeah, this is trouble--but actually pretty funny. I guess two screws would put them over budget.

Jannx said...

Hello Max. Congratulations on getting the classroom you wanted. This was an enjoyable (and amusing) blog entry. Thanks for sharing.