Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Ok, it’s official.

I’m going to be staying at the school I’m at for next year.  I went in and told the principal today, she was happy that I decided to stay.  I reiterated some of the other things that annoyed me about the school, but told her that I wanted to see how annoying it would all be when I was happy with the way my classes were running.  I may (or may not) have been hyper-sensitive to things because of how unhappy I have been with they way my classes were running.  I can have a lot of fun with people who annoy me, as long as my classes are going well and I have a few people who enjoy my crazy antics as much as I do. 

I know next year will go better than they have this year.  First of all, since I have 80% of the 8th graders this year, I got to hand-pick the students in the Algebra A-B class I’ll be teaching next year.  Second, and the only other thing, is that my 13 years of experience teaching jr. high kicked in a while ago, and the kids are beginning to respond.  I don’t dread going to work every day, in most of my classes (including the 9th grade from hell class) I’m actually getting teaching done for the majority of the class period.  This means to me that when I start off the new year the right way, things will be a whole lot better.

When the principal told me that she was happy I was going to stay, she also asked me what she could do to make the next year better for me.  Immediately I told her “You could give me 6 classes of psychology.”  Her response? “Sure,  no problem, we canbuzz make it work.”  Yes, that was sarcasm.  I knew it and she knew I knew it, we just laughed.

On another note, we were having lunch when the head custodian walked in while saying “To infinity, and beyond!” in classic Buzz Lightyear style.  I asked him “Isn’t that our Legislature’s motto on class size?”

sartin

1 comment:

A Paperback Writer said...

ROFLOL on legislature and class size! :P
Congrats on making your decision; I hope you can be at peace with it now.