Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sign of the Apocalypse?

Chris_Buttars_thumbFront page of the UTAH section of the Salt Lake Tribune today: “Buttars an ally for gays?”

The first thing I did was get on my knees and start out with “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil…

Then I read the article and thought “Hmm, Buttars is a lot smarter than I thought he was.” He says that he will probably help sponsor a bill that will allow other cities to pass ordinances protecting rights regarding housing and employment, but will, as the article said “forbid them from going any further on gay rights.” 

As hard as it is to admit, Chris Buttars actually is smart enough to see the writing on the wall, and especially after the LDS Church came out in support of the SLC ordinance, realized the firestorm that trying to overturn the city ordinance would cause.  (The Utah State Legislature had threatened to pass state law to invalidateruzicka the city ordinance.)  Personally, I don’t think he had any change of heart from when he said gay activism is “probably the greatest threat to America”, he just realized a no-win situation.

So what does that say about the brain power of Gayle Ruzicka, who said she couldn’t believe that “her long time ally would run a bill authorizing other cities to pass ordinances that ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”  Not a whole lot.  Even a mosquito knows it’s time to leave when the body is dead.sartin

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Feels weird to be agreeing with Butthead, doesn't it?

The Gearheads said...

I'm glad to see you're ok, I thought I would be getting a call from the hospital telling me you had a heart attack.

Max Sartin said...

Yeah, but I really would have had a heart attack if Gayle and I had agreed on something at the same time.